Sunday, September 23, 2012

Morning's Mercies

I remember my affliction and my wandering
the bitterness and the gall.
I will remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:19-24

I did this devotion this week, remembering the anniversary of Boone's death:

"Looking back over the years, we have all had our share of trials. We have experienced loss in one form or another. But as the years ended, it was always like a chapter in a book. It would end and a new one would begin that says - I awoke to a new day, one that is filled with hope for a better future … one that is beyond the horizon."
"His mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23) This is our reminder to live life one day at a time. God did not say every year, but he said every morning. So look with anticipation to His grace that is sufficient for today and tomorrow will take care of itself." (from biblegateway.com)
My favorite place in Colchester where I spent some time remembering Boone on Sept 22. Lamentations didn't say to forget the past, only to look forward to the future. I'll always miss him, but at least I can be promised compassion from the Lord with every coming day.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize your blog was up and running again, but I am so glad it is! I know this post was a difficult one to write, but I really appreciate your honesty and your desire to look toward the future :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete