Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do it with thy might!

     An update for those who don't know: due to really unfortunate visa issues, I will not be able to go on my project trip to Uganda. Although I'm disappointed, I try to keep in mind Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." So I know that as long as I am letting Him take control and doing work for the glory of His name, He will be working things out for good! For those of you wondering, the portion of donations that were set aside for the project trip will be used for a later project trip by myself or an intern who wasn't able to raise enough money themselves. So, it will all be well spent!
     Not going to Uganda means that I will be working in Colchester all Fall, instead! The architect that I'm working with, Rob, will still spend 2 weeks in Uganda meeting our clients and scoping out the project site, while I work from our home base. Until then, however, we will be finishing up a project that was started by the Summer group...eMi's 1000th project!!! The project is a rehabilitation center and housing for disabled orphans. Unfortunately, Thailand tends to do little to help orphans and even less for the disabled. In fact, in some parts, the disabled are believe to have gotten that way due to something terrible they did in a past life. Luckily, Christian organizations such as Christian Care Foundation (CCD) have been founded to love and house those disabled orphans. More than that, CCD helps transition children into adult life through rehabilitation and skill development. To do this, though, they need more room! And that's where eMi comes in...
     The summer interns did an awesome job of designing new buildings for CCD's use, and now Rob and I get to complete the details of the design and create a packet for the clients so that it can be built! Over the next 3-4 weeks we will work on facade design, phasing strategies, and construction documents. It will be a great way to get back in the hang of designing and drawing after a summer off!


Colchester Baptist Church: where we work!

our office

I wonder what English hotdogs would be...


 some parts of colchester remind me of Disney World...

The gates to Colchester Castle: Do it With Thy Might!



No comments:

Post a Comment